- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with a technical background or additional training preferred, as provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- 3-5 years mechanical experience with heavy equipment and/or in a position with a working knowledge of hydraulics, powertrain, electronic/electrical systems etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with CDL
- Excellent written and oral communication and basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient with a computer, including the use of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and diagnostic use using manufacturer provided programs.
- Must have a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions, electrical and hydraulic systems and how they are integrated
- Ability to stoop, kneel, push, pull, twist and carry and lift up to 70lbs.
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Capable of working with limited supervision / self-starter
- Must be able to pass a background, physical, and drug screen
- Excellent decision-making skills and good creative thinking and goal setting skills.
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines and basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Good customer service skills, basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Good listening and verbal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations concerning engine service, hydraulics, electrical, technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
- The ability to work overtime and weekends.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.